Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Okay, I've managed to calm down...

I've always got something on my mind, and am always willing to listen to others' opinions. My friend Mohawk Chieftain suggested that I create my own blog...quite a feat for someone whose knowledge of computers is limited to yanking the plug out of the wall when the kids wouldn't go to bed, and trying to use the cup-holder feature as an actual cup-holder.

My daughters call me "MaMa", "Eema", and "Sabine" and my son calls me, "Wouldja" as in "You wouldn't want to give me a few bucks, Wouldja?" or "You wouldn't want to give me a ride to...Wouldja?"

I am generally an extremely happy person, and in fact, my late husband, Bill, accused me of being mentally ill, because in his opinion, "NO ONE is as happy as you are" and "Only mentally ill people laugh as much as you do." "Back in the olden days" I was like a helium balloon, and Bill was the person who pulled my string back down to earth.

Now that I am heading toward my golden years (still sometime away) I'm a little more serious, and try not to laugh quite as much due more to bladder control issues than a lack of a sense of humor. My husband, Scott, and son Matthew take great delight in making me laugh while simultaneously blocking access to the bathroom.

So, my first official opinion can be summed up in this poem I swiped from the Mohawk Chieftain blog:


The clock of life is wound but once,
And no man has the power
To tell just when the hands will stop
At late or early hour.

Now is the only time you own.
Live, love, toil with a will.
Place no faith in time.
For the clock may soon be still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home