Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

...that I sound very crabby and biased...

...but oh, frigging well. It's my blog, and the beauty of it is I can say what I frigging want.
I would like to start this beautiful evening by NOT talking about the upcoming vice-presidential debate between Biden and Palin. But I really, really can't help myself. Biden is going to be criticized no matter what he says or does or doesn't say or doesn't do. Either he's going to be labeled condescending, or blamed for talking about things that are way over her head. I kind of feel a little bit bad for her. Then again, maybe not all that much...because she only had to "just say no"...she was flattered but felt she wasn't ready for the job...you know..."Thanks, but no thanks..." She ought to be treated like any man would who would be in the position of vice presidential nominee. Even if she and McCain don't make it to the White House, can you imagine the great stories she can tell her children and grandchildren about how a little girl from Idaho almost made it as VP of the United States?! What a great piece of family history to pass down through the generations.
Okay. I'm done being nice. I hope people will wake up and come to their senses once she opens her mouth and inserts her foot. I'm not saying I could do what she's done. I admire her ambition and perseverence. I'm lucky if I get my homework done, and a meal on the table. My bedroom closet and under my bed are frigging nightmares. I do not aspire to be a mayor or a governor...it was enough for me to be on the PTA Board. Whew...all that pressure. I'll just stick with my classes, trying to please my family, and deal with familiar stuff like brownie-baking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home