Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

...how great it is to have grandchildren...


This morning I wanted to jot down some notes to take with me to our State Senator Jim Webb's office for a meeting I had scheduled with him at 10:30. I thought I'd type them up on the computer and then print them out. I forgot, that since our granddaughters visited this summer, my laptop computer stopped working (just got it fixed), printer no longer prints, am out of printer paper anyhow, and could only find two sheets of previously drawn-on notebook paper. I hand-wrote my notes, and the Senator's aide looked them over and cracked up when she saw Ariel's pie chart of "who has the power in my family," and Rachel's list of who and what she hates, crossed off, with my notes in the margins. I had nothing else to write on...tried a napkin and it was too flimsy. I was delighted that I was actually able to locate a pen that still had ink.

My computer is basically new again...new keyboard, new motherboard, new battery. The Dell service was good, even though my call was answered all the way in Mumbai, India. It was fixed within a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home