Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Monday, June 15, 2009

...who our next governor will be...



We just had a very exciting Democratic primary for Virginia governor. A three-way contest between three good candidates. The winner was State Senator Creigh Deeds. Although I was not familiar with Senator Deeds, since he comes from a different part of the state and we are in the far southeast corner, his record in all of the important areas is good, and he is a supporter of women's reproductive rights. He is endorsed by both Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro Choice. In a time when our rights are being eroded by conservative groups and lunatics who bomb women's clinics and murder doctors, it is important to see that we have a governor who recognizes and supports our legal rights to access to clinics. In September, the Democratic candidate will be running against Republican candidate Bob McDonnell. He is not supported by either of the above organizations. I think back to our previous Republican governors (Jim Gilmore and George "Macaca" Allen) and thank goodness that we have been fortunate enough to have elected Doug Wilder, Mark Warner, and Tim Kaine. Tim Kaine, our current governor will become head of the Democratic National Party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home