Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

...how homesick I am for Chicago...


This is Lake Shore Drive (southbound lanes). Where the road curves is Oak Street Beach. The John Hancock Building (with the two antennaes) is straight ahead. The organization I worked for before we were exiled to Virginia, was on the 20th - 22nd floor. I miss Chicago, miss my job, and miss that nice paycheck.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mohawk Chieftain said...

I drove into the City yesterday, down most of the Kennedy, to Ohio Street; got off there because the traffic was sooooo heavy. Went to Roosevelt Road to the BEST BUY there and then west, thru some of the worst neighborhoods that exist there. I don't get there often, but it's always an experience.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Cinnabitch said...

Next time, drive down to Hyde Park and take lots of pictures for me. I'll make a list of things I want photos of! I miss even the yukky neighborhoods. I'm really homesick!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Samantha42 said...

Chicago is my kind of time even though I have not been there for a long time. I was born in Chicago many years ago, too many to count but I still get homesick for her all the time. If I could make one wish come true it would be that I could go back home. When I left Chicago it was not my idea but coming home again would be all me.

2:50 AM  
Blogger Samantha42 said...

Chicago is my kind of time even though I have not been there for a long time. I was born in Chicago many years ago, too many to count but I still get homesick for her all the time. If I could make one wish come true it would be that I could go back home. When I left Chicago it was not my idea but coming home again would be all me.

2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home