Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

...I neglected to mention the Chicago blizzard of January 1967




First, this blizzard, and then the tornado. Nineteen sixty-seven was the year that my parents finally threw in the towel and decided to move to sunny southern California. I remember waking up and finding that we were sealed up in our house...both the front and back doors were blocked by nearly two feet of snow. Dad had to jump out a second floor bedroom window, make his way out to the garage, and dig the door out enough by hand to get to the snow shovel. He dug out the sidewalks and driveway. To this day, I don't frigging know why. The streets were not plowed for several days, so he couldn't drive to work anyhow. When the snowplow finally cleared our street, it piled up a mountain of snow and slush (which froze over) at the end of our driveway...further burying a car that Dad hadn't even seen which had been abandoned in the street right in front of our driveway!

2 Comments:

Blogger elena lopez said...

I have remember of that January 1967 snow.It was terrible,you cant do nothing ,just eat all the time.

10:19 AM  
Blogger SonnyGreen said...

I partied for a week and a half before I got called back to work.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home