Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

...about Meeghan's genealogy search...

I mentioned that my second daughter, Meeghan, has been doing this extensive search for our ancestors. I am wondering how many people in this country are relatives. Following are the last names of direct line ancestors: Lathrop, Lowe, Burruel, Fuller, Crowell, Horn, Ball, Rowley, Fletcher, Palmer, Delano, Hatch, Minor/Miner, Warren, Scudder, House, Rockwell, Booth, Hawley, Grant, West, Peacock, Bliss, Huntington, Aston, Chamberlain, and Nodding.

The following ancestors' names are related to us by marriage (and are not direct descendants) and include: Frink, LaPlante, Loomis, Stanford, Lewis, Moss, Nichols, Bush, Chapman, Coit, Crittenden, Crocker, Cross, Foster, French, Gardiner/Gardner, Griggs, Hall, Hinckley, Hopkins, Hough, Hyde, Kingsley, Ladd, Osborn, Sturgis, Stearns, Stafford, Tracy, Van Leuven, Waterman, Whiting, Winslow, Woodford, and Young. (And many more...way too many to list.)

So, if you or anyone you know is doing a genealogical search and recognize any of these names as belonging to your family, please let me know and I will pass the information on to my daughter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Boo said...

Perhaps you're related to my wife. Her maiden name is on the list. But then again, maybe not ;^)

5:44 AM  
Blogger Mohawk Chieftain said...

My wife is into that stuff, pretty heavily. But as for me, I don't like to admit to being related to most people....

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home