Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

...I only went on line to check my e-mail...and...

...I just wanted to check my e-mail, that's all. But then I heard that the "Army Times" newspaper this coming Monday, will contain an editorial asking for the removal of Donald Rumsfeld from the position of Secretary of Defense. Something tells me that things are not going well in Iraq, and the military branch most affected by the decisions made by Rumsfeld and approved by Dubya, has lost confidence in those in power at the highest levels. Whew...part of me would love to be a fly on the wall in their offices! And part of me is thinking I am frigging glad I am not the President.

It was tough enough to be Chairwoman of the Spaghetti Dinner Committee...should the noodles be served separately? Should we have marinara, pesto, AND Alfredo sauces to try to please everyone? How many kinds of salad dressings? How many slices of garlic bread per person? Italian ice, cannoli or biscotti for dessert or all three?

I'll just stick to cooking thank you, and continue to bitch and moan about the poor choices being made by our elected officials and their appointees. It's my frigging right to complain. AND...

I just want to give some input. It's up to the people we've hired to sort through all the choices and suggestions, think long and hard about the consequences, and then make the right decision. Not the Democratic or Republican choice, not the corporations-choice-award, simply, the morally right choice, even if it is not as appealing as saber-rattling, or oil-controlling. We all have to live on Mother Earth together, so "can't we all just get along???" Frig.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mohawk Chieftain said...

I hope you are alright. You haven't had a new thought in awhile and I am concerned....

9:37 PM  
Blogger Mohawk Chieftain said...

Dontcha think... it's time to quit thinkin' already... and write something?

Or, are you too busy playing with one of the schmoopie's best dradels?

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home