Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Monday, October 30, 2006

I Forgot to Brag...

...about my third daughter, Mallory, who got a 100% on her mid-term exam in Organic Chemistry. She studied long and hard for this exam. Anyhow, she's been walking around alternately whistling the tune and sporting a grin on her face like the guy in the Enzite (spelling??) commercial.

...about my second daughter, Meeghan, who made 12 dozen meat and red chili, and 12 dozen green corn tamales (filled with cheese and green chilis). Without parental supervision. AND chilis rellenos, and chicken flautas. I'd be able to brag a little more if she'd overnighted some to me. I don't know how she found the time to do that plus sew geisha, vampire, and doggie costumes for my three granddaughters.

Okay, I'm done. I know it can be boring to listen to bragging. But tamales...they are a food group all their own. Our family in Arizona has been making them as long as anyone can remember. Not hard to make, but very time-consuming, and more enjoyable to do when you have the whole family gathered around the kitchen table.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mohawk Chieftain said...

Sounds like the kids are upstaging the old woman!

And, that is as it should be....

BOO!

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home