Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

George Allen's Feet--Held to the Fire!

Hurray for Chris Matthews host of MSNBC's Hardball for tackling the issue of George Allen's character. Many people either do not know of George Allen's past comments, or think it is no big deal. Well, I was taught that if you don't know what a word means, then YOU DON'T USE IT. "Macaca." And did he ever use the "N" word? He says "I don't remember/recall ever using that word." Well, let me tell you something...I am a few years older than George, and I've done a lot of talking in my time. HOWEVER, if I had EVER used the "N" word, I certainly would be able to recall it. I would have been ashamed of myself. I would probably want to deny it. But I would remember. Using the phrase, "I don't remember" instead of an adamant, absolute, loud-and-clear, "I DID NOT ever in my lifetime think this word, let alone let it ever slip out of my mouth, EVER, I swear on my grandmother's grave" is the biggest pile of bull-dukie I have ever heard. I don't care if the "N" word is currently in popular usage by Blacks, between friends or between enemies... A U.S. Senator, a former Virginia governor, has no business ever, letting a racial slur out of his mouth. Ever. And if he even thinks of people in terms of color instead of as human beings, he has no business in public office. "Macaca."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home