Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Extinction of a Species...

I just read with great sadness, the possible extinction of pink plastic lawn flamingos. Evidently, the company that created and has been manufacturing this suburban species of bird for the past 50 years, has pulled the plug.

I have one breeding pair, still in the package up on my front porch...the older ones are lying, faded and with rusted and bent legs under the edge of the porch where I gently placed them while weeding my garden earlier this year.

In the spring when everything comes back to life after the long, cold, gray days of winter, I will bring them back out, gently wash and dry them, straighten out their crippled legs, and see if they can be resurrected. Perhaps in their next life, they will come back as cowmingos. I will have to let you know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mohawk Chieftain said...

Just fill yer yard with schmoopies!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home