Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Every Day Brings a New Revelation....

Boy oh boy, we don't even need mini-series any more! Just watching the news fills that need.

Two latest stories: "I did not have SEX with that man..." kind of reminds me of "I did not have SEX with that woman." No self-respecting Republican believed that when Clinton said it, so why should anyone believe the same line coming out of Rev. Taggard's mouth?? AND "I did not inhale"...skeptical Republicans dismissed that when Bill said it. Why should we believe Taggard's, "I bought meth, but never used it. I was just curious..." Oh brother, give me a frigging break. What an f-ing hypocrite. Do as I say, not as I do. Shame on him.

AND, Virginia politics...starting to sound like something out of Richard Daley's Chicago of the 60s... Jim Webb, former Secretary of the Navy, who is a Dem, running against George "Macaca" Allen... Now, we seem to have a little problem with the electronic voting machines in about three locations in Virginia. One of the locations is Charlottesville, VA (where George's buds took down a UVA law student this past week when he asked Georgie about his divorce). How convenient. The other locations (I can only remember one off the top of my head...) Arlington. That's it. I can't remember the third location. The problem, that "there simply isn't enough time to correct" before the election on Tuesday...is that James "Jim" H. Webb's name is so frigging long that it cannot fit on the ballot. It appears as: James "Jim" H. (I am not kidding) on the summary page of the ballot. That's where voters look to be sure they've put in the correct name.

His name is too long?????????????????????? JAMES WEBB (let's see...I count 9 letters, tops) GEORGE ALLEN (let's count together now...6 letters in GEORGE, and 5 letters in ALLEN...add them together and that is 11 letters). Nine letters in James Webb, ll letters in George Allen.... I may not be a rocket scientist, but it kind of seems to me that James Webb's name is TWO LETTERS SHORTER than George Allen's. What's up with that? I'm studying early childhood education. We learned how to teach math concepts to kids in one of my previous classes. Maybe someone missed preschool math???????

And there's no time to correct the problem before Tuesday??? What about hitting the "DELETE" key and retyping James Webb correctly? If every employee of the Voters' Registrar's offices in the three towns involved worked on each individual machine to correct this problem, and maybe got a few bucks of overtime to correct the problem, they'd still have enough time to order some pizza and watch a football game or two before Tuesday. Or, how about dusting off those punch card machines and distributing them to the polling places? Oh, you say there's not enough time to print up the new ballot books for those machines? How many Kinkos do you suppose it would take to handle that project? Give me a frigging break.

I'm just waking up and I'm already getting pissed off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home