Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

...here's a little Jewish humor for ya!

Jewish dinner at the White House

Israeli leader Ehoud Olmert comes to Washington for
meetings with George W. For the State Dinner, Laura
Bush decides to bring in a special Kosher Chef and
have a truly Jewish meal prepared in honor of their guest.

At the dinner that night, the first course is served
and it is Matzoh Ball Soup.

George W. looks at this and, after learning what it
is called, he tells an aide that he can't eat such a
gross and strange-looking brew.

The aide says that Mr Olmert will be insulted if he
doesn't at least taste it.

Not wanting to cause any trouble (after all he ate a
sheep's eye in honour of his Arab guests), George W
gingerly lowers his spoon into the bowl and
retrieves a piece of matzoh ball and some broth. He
hesitates, swallows, and a grin appears on his face.
He finds he really l ikes it, digs right in, and
finishes the whole bowl.

"That was delicious," he says to Olmert. "Do the
Jews eat any other part of the matzoh, or just the
balls?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home