Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

...it's Neptune Festival time again....



...and I am very, very happy. Look over there to the left. This was a group project from the 2006 Neptune Festival. Team Sandtastic worked on the castle for over 80 hours; the finished creation measured in at 37.9 feet! The Sandsculpting championship is only one of the events during the several weeks' long event. The photo on the right gives you a better perspective on the immense size of this project.
Other events include a parade, wine tasting (with food available for purchase and live music), an 8-K run, Sandman Triathlon, art show, air show, surfing championship, beach volleyball, beach wrestling, free concerts all up and down the boardwalk, and many other events. You can check the schedule yourself...hotel rates drop significantly after Labor Day weekend... so don't just sit there, go to: http://www.neptunefestival.com/events.php to find out all of the details. And come for the fun. The Neptune Festival employs only 7 (seven) full-time staff members. I am one of the proud 1,500+ volunteers. Our family has been volunteering for 12 years now, and each year, we receive the coveted "Neptune Festival Volunteer" t-shirts, and wear them proudly. I even take off from my job...just to work for free!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home