Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

...a little Chicago humor for youse...

Subject: Fw: Cubs and Sox

One foggy night, a Cubs fan was heading south, and a White Sox fan was
driving north. While crossing a narrow bridge, they hit each other
head-on, mangling both cars.

The Sox fan manages to climb out of his car and survey the damage. He
looks at his twisted car and says, 'Man, I'm lucky to be alive!'

Likewise the Cubs fan gets out of his car uninjured, he too feeling
fortunate to have survived. The Cubs fan walks over to the Sox fan and
says, 'Hey man, I think this is a sign that we should put away our
differences and live as friends instead of rivals.'

The Sox fan thinks for a moment and says, 'You know, you're absolutely
right! We should be friends. In fact, I'm going to see if something else
survived the wreck.' The Sox fan pops open his trunk and removes a full,
undamaged bottle of Jack Daniels. He says to the Cubs fan, 'I think this
is another sign. We should toast to our newfound friendship.'

The Cubs fan agrees and grabs the bottle. After sucking down half the
bottle, he hands it back to the Sox fan and says, 'Your turn!'

The Sox fan calmly twists the cap back on the bottle, throws the bottle
over the bridge into the river, and says, 'Nah, I think I'll just wait
for the cops to show up.'

2 Comments:

Blogger Mohawk Chieftain said...

Good joke, and understood by any native Chicagoan.

And now, you've earned the right to go back into self-imposed exile, while you manage that ever-expanding family of yours and your hectic life.

I'm out here, if you need an occasional prod.... For you, I'll keep my prodder stiffened!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Cinnabitch said...

...is it getting warm in here? You know I love those occasional prods!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home