Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

...maybe I'm psychic!

As I was typing my last entry about Idaho Senator Craig, I was thinking about his wording...his "intent" to resign. And I remember thinking about how intentions don't always result in action. I thought I'd posted my comments, but I guess I didn't, thinking to myself, why beat a dead horse? But I had a creepy little feeling that somehow, his choice of words...including "intend" were too carefully spoken. And wouldn't you know it...I must be frigging psychic...when I flipped on the news this morning, that is EXACTLY what the newscasters were saying...that he's rethinking his decision to retire. This man should just slip quietly from public view, and get on with his real life.

While my daughter, Meeghan, and my granddaughters were here this summer, Meeghan and I had intended on dieting and exercising. We had both intended on losing 30 pounds each. In the end, with all of the baking and tea parties, and going out to tea rooms and other restaurants, we both actually put on weight. The point being, as my dad used to say, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions." Senator Craig has a lot of "...splainin'" to do to his wife, his family, his colleagues, and his friends. For him to have admitted guilt was his way of keeping his dirty laundry hidden from view. For him to resign his office, in his mind, is a further admission of shame and guilt. Perhaps he should be honest with those who are important to him...there's no shame in being gay. But being a lying sack of s... will further diminish his standing in many eyes. It is hard to regain the trust of those you have lied to. He should be a man, and deal openly and honestly with those who care for him. And get the hell out of the Senate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home