Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Thursday, September 03, 2009

...About this joker running for governor of Virginia

This article was sent to me by supporters of Creigh Deeds, MY choice for governor. His record as a state legislator has been consistent throughout his years in government, and he has the support of Planned Parenthood and CAN ProChoice. Bob McDonnell has also been consistent throughout his years in government. This email explains how consistent he has been, and how he is trying to distance himself from his prior declarations and actions.

I don't know if anyone in Virginia reads my blog, but if they do, I hope they will read the little excerpt from his Masters Thesis. If he'd written it when he was 18 or 22, even, I'd think that maybe he's matured and developed a more open-minded view, however, this was written at age 34. I don't seriously believe people's viewpoints change that much between 34 and 55. So read on...

"Throughout all his years in state government, Bob McDonnell has been far more interested in pursuing an intolerant social agenda than creating economic opportunity. Now that the Washington Post uncovered what it called his "blueprint" for governing, we’re gaining much better insight into why that's been the case.

But as McDonnell campaigns for governor, the Washington Times observes that he "pretends to disavow his words."

Virginians deserve to know the truth. And thanks to your incredible generosity -- we shattered our online fundraising goal last reporting period – we're able to expose the real Bob McDonnell directly to voters.

Today, we are launching an Internet ad campaign, a radio spot, and a brand new website – www.BobMcDonnellBlueprint.com – to correct the misrepresentations coming from the McDonnell campaign.

Virginians aren't buying Bob McDonnell's convenient election year conversions. Larry Sabato, director of the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia, explained, "I've known Bob well enough to know that he's moderated, because of ambition…. That's why he's moved."

Similarly, editorial boards across the Commonwealth have taken notice of the similarities between the ideas in McDonnell's thesis, what he’s done in the legislature, and what that could mean if he becomes Governor.

"If he changed his mind on these and other things, it was only recently, perhaps as recently as the day he declared his run for governor." - The Roanoke Times

"In his 14 years in the state's General Assembly, Mr. McDonnell did aggressively pursue a socially conservative agenda largely in line with his thesis. As governor he could do the same." - The Washington Post

"The conservative social agenda outlined in a graduate thesis two decades ago by Republican Bob McDonnell is no surprise to those who know the gubernatorial candidate and have followed his career." - The Virginian-Pilot

The Republicans who served with Bob McDonnell agree. For example, former Republican Senator Martin E. Williams says, "It's the Bob I've always known.... My biggest shock is that he is running away from it, because I really do think it's who is he is.""

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home