Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Things you didn't know until now...

I love chocolate, and will share recipes and chocolate.

May 7th is my favorite day of the year; I celebrate this day by eating chocolate and drinking wine... in Chicago spring is arriving by this time, with flowers beginning blooming -- on May 7th, go hug a tree. Celebrated by me since 1960; you can start in 2007. Please mark your calendar.

As of today (September 9, 2006) it has been 35 years, 6 months, 3 weeks, and 2 days since the last time I puked. Over THIRTY-FIVE YEARS OF BARF-FREE LIVING!!
and I celebrate this every year by serving a complete Thanksgiving dinner on February 22nd, and will continue to do so as long as I don't puke before then.

I love to dance at pow wows.

My #2 daughter, Meeghan, a nurse and mommy, beaded her own moccasins... two beautiful pair of them. She calles me "Eema."

Daughter #1, Monica, is a flight attendant -- she has met all of the Miami Dolphins.
I am "Mama" to her.

Daughter #3, Mallory, is in her senior year in college, is an overachiever, and will soon be going to dental school. I am her "Sabine", but I don't know why.

One and only son, Matthew, plans on being a fireman and is taking fire science courses in our local community college. He calls me "Wouldja"... as in "You wouldn't wanna to give me a few bucks, Wouldja?" or "You wouldn't wanna drive me over to Fat Steven's house, Wouldja?"

Husband, Scott, has a heart of gold. He used to be so shy, that I didn't know he was interested in me until his mother called to tell me that she wanted to talk to the girl her son was going to marry. I didn't have a clue about whom she was speaking.

I have a word-of-mouth catering biz called "Live to Eat"...will cook anything but goat cheese.

I hate goat cheese.

When I die, I will donate all usable body parts, the rest is to be cremated, put into a Godiva Truffles box, and placed with a rock on top, in Oak Creek in northern Arizona.

My dog is old. Pokey the Pekinese is 15+, and has such bad arthritis that he now has a camel hump for a back.

I recently found out that it was the Mohawk Chieftain, who left his underwear on the edge of my inground pool when we were teenagers...my parents blamed all of my friends but him.

Daughter #2 (Meeghan) is the family historian, so if your last name is Lathrop or Burruel you might be related.

I LOVE getting my teeth cleaned; my dental hygienist, Beth, is THE BEST in the world...(if I ever won the lottery, I'd build a room addition for her just so she could do my teeth daily).

My doctor told me to remove stress from my life, so now when I go to his office I stand on the scale backwards, close my eyes, and put my fingers in my ears.

My two younger kids still don't know how to put a new roll of toilet paper on the roller. See Mohawk Chieftain's blog about toilet paper.

I've been in a blizzard, a tornado, and a hurricane...while they were all interesting, I only enjoyed the blizzard.

I love listening to "A Prairie Home Companion." If you have never heard this radio program, you can listen to it live on your radio on your local PBS station or on your computer Saturday evenings about dinnertime, with a rebroadcast on Sunday mornings. On your computer, go to: "A Prairie Home Companion".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home