Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

...about two more things...

First, yesterday Helena (LeeLee) said she'd been enjoying reading my blog, and made a comment about my name, Cinnabitch. Well, I've been attributing this name to LeeLee's sister, Becca. Mallory keeps reminding me that it was SHE, not Becca, who named me Cinnabitch. Becca calls me that, but it really was Mallory to created it. And I am sorry I didn't set the record straight sooner. Between being busy, and losing my memory, I have perpetuated an urban myth.

Second point, I wasn't going to say anything political today, but while I was changing SharpTooth's diaper, I was listening to MSNBC, and they were reporting that Representative John Lewis had criticized John McCain's camp for doing what they've been doing--race-baiting--although he was a gentleman and didn't call it that. Representative Lewis was involved in the Civil Rights' movement back in the 60s, and likened the insinuations made by McCain's camp with the expected response by some of McCain's supporters, to events during George Wallace's time as Alabama governor. I wholeheartedly agree. While McCain has never uttered the type of crap that came out of Wallace's mouth, the fact that there were insinuations that he never refuted, never chastised his supporters or proxies for spewing, he should have put a stop to it the first time it happened. Saying things like he hangs out with terrorists who wanted to bomb the Pentagon, that we "don't know him," and that his middle name is Hussein, makes it very simple for some very simple-minded people to connect those proverbial dots and equate Obama with the Arab terrorists who brought down the WTC.

What I am trying to say, is Mr. Lewis called it as he saw it. I agree with him totally. Barack Obama does not need to step away from this, nor call Lewis's comments uncalled for. This has become a racially-charged election. Obama didn't start it, McCain's mouthpiece, Sarah Palin did. And I don't believe she's smart enough to have come up with these ideas on her own. (No offense...she couldn't even remember any important Supreme Court cases...how about Plessy vs Ferguson, or Brown vs the Board of Education.) I'm just a grandma, and I remember that. And I'm not running for vice president.

McPain is supposed to be having a rally in Virginia Beach tomorrow. Gag. I'd go there to protest (which I really, really want to do), but I am afraid that when they do a head-count, or show faces on television, I might actually be counted on as a supporter. And that is the LAST FRIGGING THING I WOULD EVER WANT TO DO IN MY LIFE, except throw up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mohawk Chieftain said...

Cinnabitch ain't no urban myth....

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home