Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

...and it's not just me thinking this!!

Hey, by the way, this area is very pro-military--home to the world's largest military base (Naval Station, Norfolk); Naval Amphibious Base, Little Creek (SeaBees...construction battalion and Navy Seals here); Dam Neck Naval Base (radar); Oceana Naval Air Station (master jet base--they fly over my house all frigging day and half the night); Ft. Eustis (marines); Ft. Story (army), Ft. Monroe (army), Yorktown Naval Weapons Station...you get the picture.

You would think that the McPain ticket would have more support, right? I am so glad that other people share my views. I know we can't all be blind. From Barry Ambrose, Southern Shores, North Carolina--this appeared in the Virginian-Pilot on October 5th.

"'Average' not enough"

The author of "wrong kind of change," letter, Sept. 21, hit the nail on the head. (my note: I can't find that letter, sorry) She cited the usual list of untruths that the Republicans have managed to insinuate into political conversations for years while the "liberal media" look the other way.

However, she did speak the truth when she described Sarah Palin as an average American and meant it as a compliment. Average! Since when was average good? Frankly it appalls me that Americans are thrilled at the prospect of an average person that close to the White House.

I am certain that Ms. Palin is a very nice and respectable person, but she's simply not prepared. And John McCain showed extremely questionable judgment in selecting her.

George W. Bush won eight years ago largely because the average person thought that Al Gore was too intellectual but that Bush was the kind of guy you could sit down and have a beer with.


When will Americans realize that the greatest nation in the world needs superior brain power in its highest offices? I don't want someone like me running the country. If I did, I'd run for the office myself."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home