Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

about Boo Jr.'s first lost tooth...

Just read Rabbit Ramblings and saw the photos of his son's first lost tooth. Well, my #2 daughter, Meeghan, was here this past month, and lost her last baby tooth at age 37! It is a very expensive tooth...it cost the "Tooth Fairy" $10.00 (TEN)...due to inflation and interest. It is going to cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,000 or more (I will correct this figure after I call Meeghan in the morning--my bad memory, you know) for the dentist to put in an implant. She never lost the baby tooth, and lately it has been sensitive to ice cream and hot coffee. So Boo, if you read this...if your son hasn't lost all his teeth by the time he's supposed to, you might want to knock the rest out yourself. Speaking of tooth fairies, Ariel, my granddaughter #2 actually accused ME of being her tooth fairy. That's not exactly true...what she said is, "Grandma, why don't you just admit that you are my tooth fairy?!" And I answered, "Why the heck would I do that? Do I look like I have wings? I can't even get my butt up off the sofa without help!" She's a pretty sharp kid, and very, very suspicious...she doesn't believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny, but has had ongoing communications in the form of letters she leaves under the pillow with her teeth, and letters & money left under the pillow from her tooth fairy.

Crazy Ariel on left, Sarah on right. with their creations.

Our home...four kids, 80 teeth. Big bucks, great memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home