Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

...I can't believe it's autumn already...


Today I did some one of my favorite things--volunteering for the annual Neptune Festival. This weekend was the Fall Wine Tasting. The Neptune Festival takes place once most of the tourists have gone home, and it's a time where the locals come out and enjoy the peace and slightly cooler weather, and reclaim the oceanfront. The admission is $30 per person--you get the coveted Neptune Festival commemorative wine glass, free music, a chance to sample lots of wine from a number of Virginia wineries, and enjoy some music. You can bring your own table & chairs or blankets, and food if you want, although there is food there to purchase. This is right on the oceanfront, only across the sidewalk from the beach. I enjoy volunteering for the different events, because it is almost like a family reunion, and the festival organizers are the best people to work with. It's more fun than working a "real" job. I got my commemorative wine glass and coveted t-shirt, free food, and drank my way around the park.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mohawk Chieftain said...

Maybe you can get King Neptune to show you his trident!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home