Name:

I've become addicted to "A"s (I've gone back to college), love eating and cooking everything but goat cheese, I always try to please everyone and laugh without wetting myself or snorting. I love reading and keeping up with current events, I value my friends. And most especially, I'm a proud mother of four and an excessively proud grandmother of five.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

YES WE DID!

The citizens have spoken loudly and clearly...we are ready for change. This has been a stressful election season, and the candidates' true colors have been revealed. I truly believe that our country is beginning to turn the page in our ugly history of racism. The best person who can possibly lead us forward into an era of openness and compromise has been elected. The world will be watching and expecting something better from us now that we have Barack Obama ready to lead us. It seems, from watching the news, that people are celebrating all around the world!

I hope that all minority issues will be addressed--particularly the plight of Native Americans across the country. My friend, Jerry, from Pine Ridge tells me that the unemployment rate on the rez is disheartening. Fetal alcohol syndrome is too common, depression and suicide and alcoholism rates are high. Social services are overwhelmed. Housing is substandard. We were out on the Navajo reservation a few years ago, and know they face the same problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home